BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 24, 2010

Headin home


Wednesday we packed up and headed to the airport. Leaving Uganda was very difficult for me; the trip to the airport was sobering. I wanted to take one last mental picture of everything.





These people get it. What’s important is important. They find joy in the most humbling of lifestyles. They are grateful for what they have been given and they believe that God can do anything. He is their personal God, their Father who provides, their daily bread, their gift of life. I felt like I had stepped into biblical times, being able to experience the new church and their faith through the trials! And now I had to fly home to some sort of alternate universe. A land outside of reality. A bubble. A selfish generation too focused on “me” to see “them”. My heart broke! If it were not for my boys and family to come home to and the love of our church family, I might have tried to stay longer!!



I longed for that life. A life solely dependent on the Lord, a life where I can see His hand at work everyday, to watch Him answer the hardest of prayers, to have him provide for every need, heal every sickness. A life of true Faith! A life where flying to Uganda is not the biggest step of faith I ever experience but that everyday would require faith and trust in my God!
I am so grateful that by His grace God chose to take me out of my everyday circumstances, my mundane day to day, my luke warm, mediocre Christian walk and place before me the biblical and scriptural examples of a life lived by FAITH. I felt as though the God of the universe picked me up out of America in the present and placed me into The Word of God. Lives lived in biblical times. People who relate to His word so matter of factly because that is the life they live. It makes sense to them. I witnessed the church of Acts, the people Paul encouraged during the start of the church, the first set of missionaries.

My question now coming home for myself and I ask this of you. How do we as believers in America 2010 live in such a way that our actions, our speech, our very being screams the name of Jesus Christ? Do we cry out to our Father as if we could not finish the day without Him? Do we beg for His presence every morning? Are we so dependent on His spirit working in our lives that we cannot function without Him? And are we actively praising our God for EVERY GOOD THING? Or more so are we actively praising God for every hardship and trial? Or do we even understand what taking up our cross and following him looks like? Are we doing what the word of God asks? Are we caring for the orphans and the widows? Are we giving till it hurts? Are we living a life of Christ like Faith? I know for me I don’t want to waste another day! I want what they are having. I selfishly want to get up and go cause I know their blessings will be far greater then mine!

I’m not sure if God will one day call us to move to Uganda or anywhere outside of America for that matter, so as I wait on His timing and His purpose my prayer will be that God will teach me and show me how to change my culture, how to live differently here in America, how to live a life of faith in an otherwise faithless land, how to not just fit God in where it works but be a living sacrifice holy and pleasing to God!

0 comments: